📣 How to do a website audit
Welcome to the 10 new subscribers who have joined since the last issue. 111 people are reading today’s newsletter. If you’re reading this but haven’t subscribed, subscribe here.
When was the last time you updated your website? If you’re like most people and haven’t touched your website since you launched it, then I recommend doing a quick audit to determine whether or not it’s optimized to meet your goals, and if not, how you can improve it.
Benefits of doing an audit from a marketing perspective include: performance optimization (how easy it is for people to navigate), search engine optimization (how easy it is for Google to navigate), and conversion optimization (how well it’s converting visitors into leads).
Website audit checklist
- Is your website mobile-friendly? This is a non-negotiable in 2021.
- From the home page, is it clear what you do?
- Does your website accurately reflect the services you provide today?
- Are your social media icons included in your footer or another appropriate place?
- Are all the main value propositions accessible via your main menu? Here is a good example.
- Is the website easy to read?
- Are there any spelling and grammar mistakes?
- Do you have a simple yet intuitive website design and page layout? Does it align with your brand?
- Is it intuitive to schedule a session? Are there distractions along the way that could be creating friction for your site visitors?
- Is your website fast?
- Do you have conversion forms? For example, a newsletter subscribe form?
- Are you using calls-to-action effectively? Are you missing opportunities to include calls-to-action on various pages of your website?
- Are there any error messages? Do you have any broken links?
- Are your URLs long and clunky? If so, these are difficult for search engines to index and result in lower clickthrough rates from search results.
For further reading, here is a great overview article. You can enter your website into HubSpot's Website Grader to give you a general overview of your website’s performance. And for a more thorough audit, check out this free complete site audit checklist.
Until next time,
P.S. I'm looking forward to the REAL LOVE READY VIRTUAL SUMMIT on relational communication that's taking place from January 14 to February 11. It's only $75 to sign up and you'll get access to the workshop content and keynote recordings for a full year. Click the image below to grab your ticket today.*
*This is sponsored advertising content